Computer Use Policy
Computers are available for the use of all library patrons. Priority is given to Alfred University faculty, students, and staff and to those engaged in academic pursuits.
The library reserves the right to reclaim the computer and/or to terminate the network connection after a warning is issued to a violator. Moreover the library reserves the right to prohibit violators from future use.
Computer users may not:
- Violate applicable U.S. or New York State laws
- Violate any applicable fair use or copyright laws
- Violate any applicable licensing agreement
- Violate any the Policy for the Use of Computing Facilities at Alfred University
- Cause damage to equipment, software, or data belonging to Herrick Library
- Disrupt or interfere with network service through propagation of a computer virus modifying the operating system configuration or any other installed software attempting to evade system security measures
- Use the network to falsely represent yourself or the library for commercial or personal gain
- Use more than one computer at a time
- Display any visual images, sound, or text that would create an atmosphere of discomfort or which could reasonably be construed as harassment of others. (Users doing scholarly research on subjects which may be offensive or which may violate the above rules should consult with library staff before beginning research at a library computer.)