- Room reservation requests are processed during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from approximately 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Weekend reservations should be made prior to close of business on Friday.
- Rooms are available during the library's open hours.
- Room reservations that exceed three hours require approval by the library director.
- Room reservations are for groups of two or more people; rooms should not be reserved for use by a single individual.
- Audiovisual equipment is provided on a self-service basis. Instructions for using AV equipment are posted in each room. If you plan to use library equipment, we recommend doing a "test run" prior to the event. Arrange a time to meet with us to learn how to use the equipment and verify that everything is working properly.
- Librarians have first priority in reserving the computer lab for instructional sessions. Because students also use the computer lab to do library work it is not usually possible to reserve the computer lab for classes that meet every week.
- Groups showing movies to the public are responsible for obtaining public performance licenses.
- If your event involves sales, you may need to collect sales tax. For more information, contact the Business Office: 607-871-3046
- While some noise is expected, remember that there may be students studying in other parts of the library.
- Leave the space in the same condition as you found it. Trash should be placed in library wastebaskets and/or recycling containers. Wipe down counters or tabletops, especially if food has been served. Straighten up and return any furniture that has been moved. Return anything that was checked out at the front desk (laptops, remote controls).
- Decorations require prior permission. Do not tape, pin or tack items to any surface.
- The library assumes no responsibility for items left on display in the library.
- A self-service coffee maker is available in the BookEnd. Individual servings of coffee and tea can be purchased at the front desk for $1.00.
- For food service, contact AVI catering at 607-871-2285.
- No alcohol may be served without prior permission.